CalJunket

Sunday, November 09, 2003

Our personal connection goes deeper than idealistic liberal politics and diminutive stature

I discovered today that Ohio's favorite lawn gnome and Democratic presidential hopeful Dennis Kucinich, like myself, is a vegan:

"Congressman Kucinich is one of the few vegans in Congress, a dietary decision he credits not only with improving his health, but in deepening his belief in the sacredness of all species."

Awesome! Then again, he's also really good friends with Shirley Maclaine, but nobody's perfect. Denny's biggest downfall is that he's crazy.

Crazy for equality!

I'm not going to stop vouching on K-Dog's side. I don't believe he can win, but I do believe that he can give disheartened Democrats an inspiring alternative in the primaries. I think he's helping many liberals who may have shunned the Dems remember why they or their parents were Democrats. I hope he's illustrating to a few million Americans that the two major parties don't need to be so eerily similar on certain issues.

And I love that big black rug he wears on his little dome. My step-dad Travis said that he looks like "an uncolored coloring book." Touche, Trav. Touche.



Comments:

Post a Comment