CalJunket

Thursday, December 25, 2003

Merry Christmas. Also, I hope Rebecca is not dead.

I only had one enemy/bully in high school. A mean looking fellow who along with his friend, tried to beat me up one day after gym. They didn't really hurt me any, but such things don't do well for your high school rep. At any rate, animosity remained until one day while attending catholic mass; we came to the part where we are asked to offer each other a sign of peace. (For those not familiar, this basically entails shaking hands with everyone around you.) As it turns out, this fellow and his family were seated right behind mine and we found ourselves forced to shake hands and mumble "Peace by with you". We steered clear of each other for a while and later ended up having a quite congenial friendship in a chemistry class we had junior year. His friend even broke down the meaning of "24-7" to me when I was too dumb to know.

I guess the moral of the story applies well to Christmas. We can talk about peace on earth and goodwill toward men, but the proof is in the pudding. So next time you think of loudly implying to a class full of freshman that someone is gay, remember that Tommaso made that mistake, and that it probably isn't what Jesus would do.

Also, has anyone seen Rebecca?



Comments:

Post a Comment