CalJunket

Saturday, May 15, 2004

Don't get out much anymore...

So I haven't had a chance to post very much with my new job and not caring anymore. I have however, just finished writing (yet another) program to tally the votes from an ASUC election. It hasn't passed any official tests like the program they've used in recent years, but I will be submitting it to the Election Council technical coordinator to see if they want to use it this year. I wrote it it in java using the fancy netBeans IDE. I even included the ballots from the past three years for people who want to drive themselves crazy trying in vain to reproduce the original results without knowing exactly who special dropped when. (Long story short: for the most part no one thought to write down the special drops in previous elections.)

ASUCTabulator.zip

here's a screenshot



Let me know if you find any bugs or if you have comments.

Update: I've already noticed a bunch of inefficiencies that can be cleaned up. The current version is 2.1 I’ll be posting 2.2 pretty soon.

Update: Version is 2.2 is up.

Update: Version is 2.25 is up.

Update: Version is 2.27 is up. The other ones have a bug that screws up vote transfers so if you want to do a real count you need this version.



Comments:

Post a Comment