CalJunket

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Don't they care that I'm trying to write a paper?

I'm in the Wheeler MCF right now, attempting to complete in 30 minutes what I've had four weeks to do (namely, my American Studies final paper), and from here I can hear that some people with megaphones are protesting outside Califronia Hall, demanding the Chancellor. I can only assume that this has to do with the Multicultural Center, but our protesters need to work on their diction. The script goes like this:

"What do we want?"
"Figly rephun botter nougret!"
"When do we want it?"
"Now!!!"

Since I had to leave the Senate meeting last night at a very early 10pm (to, you know, work on my paper), I never found out what conclusion my elected representatives came to about the MCC. I do know that Karen Kenny, Dean of Students, mentioned that if the Senate could not come to an agreement and vote in favor of the MCC last night, the Chancellor would choose to seize Heller Lounge (which is in MLK, and ASUC building) and force us to put the MCC there.

Exciting stuff. Hopefully some of my readers in the know can keep us all informed and updated about this MCC madness.




Comments:

Post a Comment