CalJunket

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Shameless self-promotion!

For whatever reason (perhaps modesty, but I'm not sure if I'm capable of that emotion) I didn't ue this blog to plug my first Daily Cal column last week. I shall not repeat the mistake.

Read this. It's funny.

And you can read this too while you're at it. It's funny from last week.

While I'm on the topic, I couldn't help but notice that the slate of columnists is for the time being as bad as it usually is. Sex on Tuesday has resorted to citing Dan Savage. That guy on Friday who goes to the gym a lot was incredibly dull. (Yet he magically reappeared on Monday.) The guy on Thursday made the stunning observation that there are too many awards shows. And that chick on Wednesday didn't even have a point to her columns.

Unfortunately, Daily Cal columnists have a history of sucking, save for Kevin Deenihan's reign of terror and Matt Loker's brief stint. Either they try too hard to make a point, they don't discuss any campus-related issues, or they don't feel obligated to have a point.

Rumer has it that CalStuff iron fist Andy Ratto will be assuming the role of Reader's Representative very shortly. This person is supposed to be the veritas arm of the newspaper, in weekly column form. Good luck to him, though I continue to encourage him to at least attempt to be funny; otherwise the columns are going to be extremely boring.

Anyhow, here's to seeing my face in the paper!



Comments:

Post a Comment