CalJunket

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving

I'm thankful for many things:

  • I'm thankful that I get to live in such a great country. I may nitpick the USA from time to time, but that's just how I show my love. Maybe I get that from my mom.
  • I'm thankful for my good health (a little torn cartilage may literally slow me down but metaphorically I'm still going strong). My operation is in January.
  • I'm thankful for the fact that I live in an age where expressing my half-baked political views for everyone to see can be accomplished with a few clicks instead of involving ink-stained presses and typesetting.
  • I'm thankful that I have a job that doesn't bore me to tears. Whenever I get to employ a design pattern, my day is made. More broadly I'm thankful that I am in a position to participate in the economy in a way that doesn't leave me screwed over. (My girl-friend's a public school teacher.)
  • I'm thankful for everyone fighting for us in Iraq and around the world.
  • Lastly, I'm thankful to all my friends for putting up with my over the top political views. I mean, come on: Am I for real?



Comments:

Tommaso,

Who do you and/or your girl friend think screws her over as a public school teacher? Students, parents, administration, media, voters ....?
 
They don't get paid as much as they should. Also, young teachers like her get the most difficult classes which is frustrating for her and the kids.
 
I'm interested in what Tomasso thinks about the opinion piece about getting more out of state students to cal.
 
Post a Comment