CalJunket

Monday, September 15, 2003

OH SWEET MOTHER OF MERCY GOD SAVE ME NOW MY LIFE IS SO HARD WITH THE PAIN AND THE SUFFERING AND THE DIFFICULTIES INCURRED BY POSTPONING THE ELECTION SO I WANT TO KILL MYSELF IT IS A TRAGEDY TIMES SEVEN

Oh, wait, no. That's not what I meant. What I meant was, I'm pleased with the postponment, if it in fact comes into being. I think it's a wonderful idea. These dense and substanitally non-white counties deserve the most accurate and efficient vote-counting system available, just as any county does.

Having elections on Tuesdays during hours when most people need to be at work proves counterproductive to the democratic process. (And yes, a good number of people, especially those who have crappy low-paying jobs, have to be on the way to work, at work, or on the way home from work during all open poll hours.) Making people drag their lazy butts out to the polls once (during the same election as the presidential primaries) in a twelve-month period instead of twice will be beneficial. (I'd like to see elections take place over two days on Friday and Saturday so almost everyone will have sufficient time to get to the polls. The easier voting is the better.)

Besides the mild annoyance it may cause to the candidates and votership, I can't think of a legitimate reason to oppose the postponement. But I bet you guys can.

P.S. David is back at Lighterside after a long hiatus. He's a busy man.



Comments:

Post a Comment